Sunday 13 March 2011

Most Underrated Artists

Although we are all used to the music industry and media choosing to focus on only a handful of musical stars, there are so many other artists which just happen to go unnoticed who deserve to see more of the limelight.

I want to know who you personally think deserves more musical recognition in this day and age. Just by looking at my iTunes library, I can see about a dozen highly talented individuals and bands who are just not making a sufficient impact on the industry even though the music that they produce is technically stunning.

Please leave me a comment below or tweet me with your suggestions about underrated artists. In my next post, I would love to compile these comments so that other music lovers can find out about new artists or just give more support to the ones that they already admire.

2 comments:

  1. Well, hands down for me, David Archuleta doesn't nearly get enough airplay, if any, and his music is so uplifting & positive and not to mention FUN! Just listen to the title track of "The Other Side of Down" which he performed on New Year's Eve in Las Vegas! Great lyrics, great beat! And, he wrote 10 of the 12 songs on the album!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are absolutely right, Patty-Ann! David Archuleta is such a great artist, he definitely needs more airplay and media attention!

    ReplyDelete