Wednesday 23 March 2011

Kris Allen - Why Didn't I Buy This Album Sooner?!

I admit it. I'm very late jumping on the Kris Allen bandwagon.

It has taken me nearly 18 months to finally buy his self-titled album but on first impressions, I absolutely love it!

Many of you may know that I live in the UK and therefore struggle to find copies of albums which have never been promoted in the UK. Just like all the other cd's belonging to past Idol contestants, Kris Allen's cd was incredibly hard to find without ordering it online. Luckily for me, I managed to buy the only copy in my local music store on Monday afternoon without too much hassle!

I should probably tell you why I was so determined to buy his album:

I have been listening to a lot of 80's music over the last week and decided that I wanted to listen to "Everybody Wants To Rule The World" by the British pop/rock band, Tears For Fears. I knew that my Father has their Greatest Hits album on his music shelf  but decided that I needed a quick fix and searched the song on YouTube. Scrolling down the search page, I came across Kris Allen's version of the song and instantly fell in love with him and his music. The next day I bought his album and the rest is history!

I love it when singers actually write or co-write their own music. It shows that they have so much more than a great voice. I feel that artists who write their own music really understand the true meaning behind songs and can connect to songs in such a special, unique way. I take the opinion that Kris Allen has this great ability along with my other personal favourite artists who write their own music like the lovely David Archuleta, Adele and The Hoosiers. 

Kris Allen's post Idol album is full of songs which fit perfectly into the pop/rock genre which I always find myself gravitating towards after a long, tiresome day. I can't fault any song on the album as they are just so beautifully written. One of my standout tracks is Red Guitar, which he wrote single handedly- it is stunning!

I'm now just waiting for the day when he announces that he will be coming to London to promote his music. Hopefully that day arrives soon!
.
Why didn't I buy this album sooner?!

2 comments:

  1. Iam so glad you found Kris Allen. I am a die-hard Kris Allen fan and Red Guitar is my favorite on his album too. Hope you get to see his live performances some day. They are out of this world. He loves connecting with the crowd and he and his super Krisallenband change up the songs so they are alway fresh. Can't wait for his second album which he is working on right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you joined the masses, like myself, who think Kris is fabulous. I hope you get to see him in concert. Email Jive or 19E or SONY/BMG. Twitter to them. Tell them on FB. They NEED to know that people in the UK are interested in Kris Allen.

    Happy Listening

    ReplyDelete