Friday 18 October 2013

Friday Favourites

It's that time of the week again. Oh yes, it's Friday Favourites!
 
This week, I've been in a surprisingly contemplative mood. Don't worry folks, there's no need to start worrying for me just yet! I feel as if the best music tends to be written when a songwriter or artist is at this stage with their emotions. I don't think I'll personally be going back to my roots and picking up my song writing pen any time soon, but I have listened to some solidly emotive tracks this week.
 
1. London Grammar-.Strong

I didn't take any notice of London Grammar until I saw an advert for their debut studio album titled If You Wait, on the TV a few weeks ago. Yes, those music ads on the television really do work at enticing new fans and sales! Since then, I've developed quite an attachment to this song. The track's almost "haunting" qualities engage the listener and also assure the listener into a sense of security.
 
 
 
 
 
2.Haim- Running If You Call My Name

This has been on repeat ever since the album release date. Running If You Call My Name is the last track on the standard album and truly ends it on a high. It leaves you wanting to listen to the whole album again and again. And that's exactly what I did.
 
 
 3. Keane- She Has No Time/Bedshaped
 
I knew that some classic Keane would make it into my favourites this week, but I didn't realise I would find it so difficult to choose between She Has No Time and Bedshaped, so I chose both! The songs are both from the band's debut, titled Hopes and Fears, which was released back in 2004 and has been one of my favourite albums ever since. So many people have told me that they listen to these tracks when they need some time to think. And I can wholeheartly understand why. Both have the unique ability to conjure up pure emotion in a blink of an eye. Keane completely deserve the success they have had to date. You need to see them perform live if you ever get the opportunity; they are outstanding. Talking of seeing them live; Keane are streaming their Berlin concert on November 6 live at cinemas across the world, so there's no excuse to hold back.
 
I've also been listening to a lot of The Milk Carton Kids and Haim, but that's probably not a surprise to any of you! If you're looking for something a little different to listen to this week, I'm loving John Newman. His newly released album, Tribute, is seriously good stuff.

That's it for this week! Stay tuned for my thoughts on Arcade Fire's new album in the coming weeks!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment