Tuesday 12 April 2011

Sunny Songs for a Beautiful Day

The weather has been surprisingly good over the last two weeks in the UK and has put me in an extremely happy mood! To celebrate the fact that it is currently lovely and warm outside, I have compiled a list of songs which never fail to put a smile on my face, whether raining or sunny:

1. The Feeling -  "Love It When You Call"

The Feeling are another one of my favourite British bands who never fail to deliver catchy choruses and fun instrumentals throughout all of their songs. This track is taken from their first album,"Twelve Stops & Home", which includes a fantastic mix of fast and slow-paced songs. Without doubt, there is something to suit all occasions on this record! I had the opportunity to see the band perform live last summer and learned a lot about how important it is to connect to the audience and with your other band members. This song got everyone dancing and singing along, which can only be a sign of a great song!

2. Natasha Bedingfield - "These Words"

Can you remember what artists you were listining to during 2004/5? Natasha Bedingfield was my female artist of choice during this time period as she was something completely different to what was already in the music industry. She wasn't a diva, nor did she need to be. Her stunning vocals showed the world what true music was and everyone seemed to agree. Let's roll back to the present day where she is a huge global artist and has had incredible hit songs and collaborated with the hottest stars of the 21st century. She is still one of my top artists of all time. 

3. David Archuleta - "The Other Side Of Down"

I really can't help myself! You may have already guessed that my favourite singer of all time would get a mention on my list of sunny songs. It's probably because his music is just so positive and happy. It certainly is absolutely perfect for a bright, sunny day, or any day for that matter! This song makes me want to go out into the sunshine and enjoy life. The lyrics make complete sense to me and I know that all of his music choices have helped people all over the world to become happier, more confident people. He is incredible.

4. Brooke White - "Phoenix"

This song is one of the best road trip songs on this Earth. It makes me smile without even realising and puts me in a mellow mood, ready to get on with the rest of my day. Brooke White is another artist who radiates postive energy and seems to have her priorities in exactly the right place. She is clearly a unique talent who deserves more praise.

I hope you enjoyed my top sunny song picks! If you read my last post, you will remember that "Choices" by The Hoosiers is also an incredible song for summer. Just as I am finishing this post, the sun is being hidden behind a cluster of dark storm clouds.....

If only the weather was as reliable as these great songs highlighted above!

No comments:

Post a Comment