Monday 11 April 2011

Music Review: Bumpy Ride by The Hoosiers

I have been eagerly anticipating this occasion for the last few weeks and am extremely happy to be able to review Bumpy Ride, the latest album by the British pop trio, The Hoosiers

Any of you who have read my blog since its creation will have read my first post, titled "Inspirational Albums", where I mention my top three albums of all time. One of those albums just happens to be The Hoosiers debut album, The Trick to Life, which was left on repeat on my ipod and itunes for the majority of 2008! As you can probably already tell, I seem to be able to connect to every song written by The Hoosiers, and the new album certainly doesn't disappoint!

True fans of the band will know that Bumpy Ride contains the original twelve songs from their second album, The Illusions of Safety, but four new tracks have been added to create a fantastic album filled to the brim with every emotion known to man.

One of the stand out tracks on the album has got to be "Unlikely Hero", as I feel as if this could be the anthem for all the underdogs who just haven't been given enough credit in the world today. Another feel-good song on the album is "Glorious". I just love the beat of the song and know this is going to sound absolutely incredible live. Moving on to the new tracks, "Sister Sister" includes a great guitar riff which  has given me the urge to learn how to play the guitar, just so I can play this song!

I may be a little bit biased due to the fact that I have been in love with this band since their first single, but I truly cannot fault this album. "Choices" makes me remember sunny, warm days spent in Cornwall  with my family whilst on holiday in the Summer of 2010 and never fails to lift my spirits on the rare occasion when I find myself stuck in a foul mood!

As far as I'm concerned, this is an album which deserves to be bought and listened to thoroughly. It is not hard to see that a lot of time, effort and hard decisions have been made for this album to be released. Some say that the second album (or the 2nd and a half album in this case!) are always the hardest to sell as people can only compare you to your debut work, but this album is strong enough to hold its own in the highly saturated industry that is the music business in the 21st century.

I'd love to hear your thoughts on Bumpy Ride, so feel free to leave me comments below. 

Here is the link to my previous article, Inspirational Albums, in which I mention The Trick to Life.

No comments:

Post a Comment